Kristina Bilowus is an experienced family law attorney who specializes in all types of family law cases. She is known for being a passionate and hardworking advocate. Upon joining Kizy Law, Kristina has had the opportunity to expand her practice with criminal defense, which has been a career goal to pursue. She is committed to achieving great results for her clients and for ongoing communication throughout the case.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Kristina realized how daunting and often intimidating the legal process can be for anyone going through it. As such, she has made communication and explaining the process to her clients a priority in all her cases. One of the most rewarding aspects of her job is to be a sound legal guide to clients as they navigate through complex legal matters. Kristina considers it to be an honor to be entrusted with her clients’ confidence and be their confidant through their individual legal experiences.
In addition to her work as practitioner, Kristina is an adjunct professor at WMU Cooley Law School where she teaches practical skill classes to second and third year law students. By teaching the practical application of the law, she empowers her students to be more confident advocates upon entering the legal field.
Education and Memberships
- Graduate of Madonna University, BA
- Graduate of Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD
- Graduate of WMU Cooley Law School, LLM
- Admitted to practice law in all state courts in Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section, Secretary
- Women Bar Association of the Oakland Region, Vice President
- Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan, Director at Large
- Hellenic Bar Association, Treasurer
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Law Student Outreach Vice Director
- State Bar of Michigan
- Family Law Section of the State Bar
- Oakland County Bar Association