Post Judgment Enforcement

Do You Need Help Enforcing a Judge’s Order?
Long after divorce, a host of issues may arise from the judgment that dissolved your marriage. Many problems can be amicably resolved while others will be hotly contested. Even though you may have made a settlement agreement during the divorce, enforcing the terms and making sure your spouse complies with the terms of that agreement may require some assistance. Obtaining the services of an aggressive and experienced attorney from Kizy Law is recommended.

Some of the problems many of our clients need assistance with following a divorce include:

  • Nonpayment of child support or spousal support (alimony)
  • Failure to follow the parenting time terms in your judgment of divorce
  • Failure to remove a spouse‚Äôs name from a mortgage
  • Failure to liquidate assets, transfer assets or otherwise comply with the provisions of the property settlement agreement


Should you find yourself with such a problem, our skilled attorneys will be able to negotiate with your former spouse to ensure he/she follows the court order. Our attorneys will not hesitate in petitioning the court if necessary. There are also various other legal methods that can be used to ensure the agreement is followed.

The bottom line is that life is always changing. At times, there will be changes in your life that will cause you to need to modify the term of your divorce settlement agreement. Our firm can assist you with these changes.

It may also be the case that the amount of child or spousal support needs to be adjusted due to a change in either party’s financial circumstances. If either you or your former spouse’s income has been affected for some reason, this area may need to be renegotiated. A spouse who is paying support may request that it be modified due to various circumstances. If one of the parents is relocating out of state, visitation and custody issues may arise. All of these issues require professional assistance, which we can provide you. We are happy to assist you in resolving any post-divorce situations. Call us today at 248-662-5499 for your free consultation.