An Experienced Attorney You Can Trust
Channelle Kizy-White has over a decade of legal experience and a winning record of success with helping people in their time of greatest need. If you’re looking for an attorney you can trust and a fighter who won’t give up, that attorney is Channelle Kizy-White.
If there’s one word that describes Channelle, that word is “advocate.” She sees her clients’ problems as her own problems—their fight is her fight. Channelle is a listener, a counselor, and an experienced voice who stands up for you when other attorneys might sit down. And for Channelle, family law is more than just about who wins or loses. It’s about more than fighting over money and furniture. It’s about solving problems, protecting children, and ensuring the best result for families in Michigan.
“We fight for parents. Not just moms. Not just dads. Families. And what’s best for the kids,” Channelle says. “I have represented individuals from all walks of life. Coming from a large Chaldean family, I have always been taught to treat others with respect. Each and every one of my clients receives the same respect, enthusiasm, attention and determination that I would want for my own family. I became a lawyer so that I could help people, and that is exactly what I do each and every day.”
Channelle Kizy-White has dedicated her career to fighting for justice. Born in Southfield, Michigan, she is a veteran litigator with countless hours of experience advocating tirelessly for her clients in courtrooms all across Metro Detroit. She has been honored time and time again for her professional achievements and is widely known for her winning record of success.
Helping Families through Divorce
Divorce can be a painful and difficult experience, especially when children are involved. Channelle takes the time to get to know her clients, help them understand what they are going through, and advise them as they cope with the day-to-day chaos that a divorce can cause.
With her experience and expertise, she has helped many men and women get through divorce and look forward to a fresh start in life. Every single divorce is so unique, and Channelle prides herself in taking the time to listen and understand your individual needs to make sure that you receive the best representation throughout your entire divorce.
Defending Individuals Accused of a Crime
Channelle has seen first-hand how individuals can get caught up in court or find themselves on the wrong side of the law. In 1999, a person very close to her was accused of murder. She witnessed the injustices that often occur because of the government’s tremendous power. She saw the pain and suffering that families experience when a person close to them is accused of a crime. And she learned just how important it is for individuals to have an experienced attorney fighting at their side.
As an attorney, Channelle has been that strong voice for people of all walks of life who have been accused of a crime. She fights for justice for her clients, and she also helps people understand the process every step along the way.
Giving Back to Her Community
Channelle is committed to giving back to her community and making it a better place for families. Her dedication has not gone unnoticed. She was recognized as one of Oakland County’s “Elite 40 under 40” in 2015 and was named one of Detroit’s “Notable Women Lawyers” of 2017.
She is the recent past president of the Women’s Bar Association, is a mentor, and is active in several legal organizations. Channelle has also has served as Treasurer for the Patriot Week Board of Directors since 2010, is an Advisory Board Member for Real Estate Donations USA and provides pro bono support for victims of domestic violence.
Oakland County Circuit Judge Michael Warren says that Channelle is a “tireless champion for America.” “She brings deep wisdom, uncanny intellect, persistent commitment and an inexhaustible passion to our Board of Directors,” Warren said. “Always thinking of others first, she hides in the background addressing thankless tasks while the board, students and the general public reap the benefits of her hard work.”
Awards and Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Attorney 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2010 to 2020
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Lawyer 2011
- dbusiness Top Family Law Lawyer 2012 and 2013
- Oakland County Executives Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2015
- Patriot Week Volunteer of the Year Award Recipient 2020
- Rated as a Ten Star Top Attorney by Avvo
- University of Michigan, with honors, 2003 Bachelors in Science, Economics
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2006 Juris Doctor
- 2009-present Kizy Law
- 2009-2010 Beals Hubbard, PLC
- 2006-2009 Neil Rockind, PC
- Women’s Bar Association
- Mentorship Chair (2010-2012)
- WLAM Representative (2011- 2012)
- Treasurer (2012-2013)
- Vice-President (2013-2014)
- President-Elect (2014-2015)
- President from (2015-2016)
- Michigan Inter-Professional Association (MIPA), Member since 2018
- Chaldean American Bar Association, Member since 2013
- Chaldean American Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Michigan: Family Law Section and Criminal Law Section, Member
- The Federalist Society, Member
- Patriot Week, Inc., Treasurer
- Real Estate Donations, USA, Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of Michigan, November 2006
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan, December 2006
- United States District Court – Western District of Michigan, December 2009